Let the child in you get enthusiastic about this one! I Just looove fudge and this 1 is even much better, a fudge with a twist. you just have to try out this lovilee pecan nut fudge recipe for your self!
- 500g icing sugar
- one x 395g tin condensed milk
- 150g butter, cubed
- 55g golden syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Place all the components (except the nuts and vanilla) in a huge thick bottomed pot and melt all the components collectively slowly.
- Carry on to stir the mixture for 40 minutes (do not quit stirring as the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan) – the mixture will transform from a light yellow colour to a darker caramel colour. Do not rush this – make sure you have no in which to be so you can stir the fudge contineously.
- When the mixture has modified colour pour the Vanilla Paste in and stir extremely speedily for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into large buttered tin, sprinkle the chopped pecan nuts more than the prime and press down on the nuts so that they are slightly submerged and enable to awesome for hrs and hrs and hours. Really don’;t be tempted to refrigerate to pace it up, just allow it cool on the bench! The core temperature of the fudge will certainly consider hrs so do not say I did not warn you!
- Flip the slab of fudge out onto a board and reduce into squares.
Photos: Lauren Kim Photography